Before joining any organization, club, or group, there are certain standards that are applied that demonstrate the organizations qualifications. Why? To deter anyone from joining erroneously. For both parties involved, it removes any potential gray areas that could eventually create problems.CONSTITUTION ARTICLE VlII - MEMBERSHIP
Section 1. Qualifications
Individuals shall be eligible for membership who:
Section 2. Honorary Membership and Inactive Membership
- Give evidence of a personal living faith in the Lord Jesus Christ
- Are in agreement with General Council’s established Statement of Fundamental Truths and Other Sincerely Held Beliefs.
- Agree to be in compliance with the Constitution and Bylaws as herein established.
There shall be an Honorary Membership as provided under Article 1. Section 2 of the Bylaws, and an Inactive Membership as provided under Article 1, Section 6 (d) of the Bylaws. There shall be no voting privilege for Honorary or Inactive members.FROM OUR BY-LAWS:Section 1. Standard of Membership
The standard of membership shall be:
1. Evidence of genuine experience of regeneration (John 1:12, 13; 1 Peter 1:18-25).
2. Evidence of a consistent Christian life (Romans 6:4; 13:13, 14; Ephesians 4:17-32; 5:1, 2, 15; 1 John 1:6, 7).
3. Baptism in water by immersion (Matthew 28:19, 20; Romans 6:3-12).
4. Full subscription to the Statement of Fundamental Truths and Other Sincerely Held Beliefs as set forth in the Constitution.
5. Willingness to tithe regularly to the support of the assembly according to the scriptural pattern.
6. Applicants for membership may be required to complete a membership course as prescribed by the pastor.
7. Persons maybe received into membership by means of transfer from other Assemblies of God congregations. Such persons shall subscribe to each of the standards of membership set forth above.
8. Marital Matters
Section 2. Honorary Membership
- Those persons who became entangled in their marriage relations and do not see how these matters can be adjusted shall be eligible for church membership and their marriage complications left in the hands of the Lord (1 Corinthians 7:17,20,24).
- No persons shall be accepted into membership who are known to be living in a common-law state of matrimony.
- No persons shall be accepted into membership who are not in compliance with the General Council’s established position on homosexuality and the Biblical definition that marriage ordained by God is recognized as a union between a man and a woman.
Honorary Membership shall be granted to individuals who are members in good standing, but currently unable to attend services regularly due to extenuating circumstances (i.e. school, missions, etc.).Section 4. Voting Privilege
All active members eighteen years of age or older shall constitute the voting membership of the assembly.Section 5. Reception of Members
1. Persons desiring to become members of the assembly shall make the fact known to the Senior Pastor, who shall examine the applicant according to the standard of membership.
2. The Senior Pastor shall present to the council the names of those who apply for membership, with his/her recommendation. After due consideration the names of those approved by the Official Church Council shall be publicly welcomed at an appropriate service, and their names inscribed in the active membership roster.Section 6. Discipline and Revision of Roster
1. Unscriptural conduct or doctrinal departure from the Statement of Fundamental Truths and Other Sincerely Held Beliefs held by this assembly shall be considered sufficient grounds upon which any person may be disqualified as a member. Such discipline shall be prayerfully administered according to the Scriptures (Matthew 18:15-17, 35; Romans 16:17, 18; 1 Corinthians 5:9-13; 2 Thessalonians 3:11-15).
2. Any member of the assembly who shall willfully (1) be absent from the regular services for a period of three consecutive months, (2) cease tithing to the assembly, or (3) who shall be under charges, shall be temporarily suspended from the voting membership pending investigation and final decision in the case. Any change of status in regard to a person's membership shall be valid only after the Official Church Council takes official action to suspend or remove his or her membership.
3. If at the time of disqualification from membership the person so disqualified is a Trustee, Deacon, Secretary, Treasurer or other Church Officer, the office shall be declared vacant.
4. The council shall be authorized to examine the membership roll of the assembly annually. At the discretion of the council, any member who cannot attend services regularly or who for some other reason does not qualify as an active member in good standing, may be placed on an inactive list. The council may remove from the list the names of those who have withdrawn from the fellowship, or who have become inconsistent with the standards and teachings of the assembly. Any member so removed shall have the right to meet with the church council to appeal the decision and the actions of the church council, after which a majority vote of the council by secret ballot shall be considered final.When you choose to become a member…
- You are representing Christ!
- You are representing New Life!
- You are declaring this is my Church home!
- You are declaring I support this family and pastor!
If you’re interested in membership or more information, please contact the senior pastor
for more information and to find out when our next DNA classes will be held.